H Young Transport Ltd respects your personal information and undertakes to comply with all applicable data protection legislation currently in force.
H Young Transport Ltd may use personal information provided by you either with your consent or on the basis of the following:
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life
- Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our or your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests
Except as provided under these terms, H Young Transport Ltd will not disclose your personal information without your permission unless such disclosure is required by law or other court order.
You are entitled to request a copy of the information which H Young Transport Ltd holds about you. If you become aware that the personal information the company holds about you is inaccurate, you may request that we amend it. Any requests in this respect or any other correspondence relating to this notice should be directed to Russell Webster.
For information on GDPR and your obligations, or if you have any concerns you should contact Russell Webster.
How information about you will be used:
H Young Transport Ltd keeps on file the below information about you. This information is required to allow us to carry out our everyday business contract with your business including but not restricted to service issues, weather, fuel surcharge notification, new promotions and any other details concerning your contract with H Young Transport Ltd.
- Business Name/Address
- Business Contact names
- Email address
- Contact numbers
- Job Title
- VAT Number
- Company Number
- Bank Account Details
Legal basis for processing your data
We may process your data because:
- We are legally obliged to i.e. to confirm your identity;
- The processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with you to provide our services or goods; or
- It is in ours or a third party’s legitimate interests to do
In some instances, we will rely on your consent to process Personal Data and where we do this, it will be flagged to you at the time.
How long do we keep your personal information?
H Young Transport Ltd keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
Do H Young Transport Ltd use ‘cookies’?
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow this – you can turn off cookies on your browser) that enables our website’s or service provider’s systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. H Young Transport Ltd may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each web browser is a little different so please refer to your browser’s Help Menu / settings to learn the correct way to adjust your cookie preferences.
If you turn cookies off, it won’t adversely affect your experience.
H Young Transport Ltd do not trade, sell, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless H Young Transport Ltd provide users with advance notice and seek permission.
This does not include website hosting, design, web building, social media partners and other parties who assist us in operating yours or our website, conducting our businesses, or serving yours or our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. This is necessary to continue to operate your website and associated, signed up, services.
H Young Transport Ltd may also release information, appropriately, to comply with the law, enforce our site & business policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable website / social media visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
GDPR Information Practices
Data Breaches: H Young Transport Ltd will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
H Young Transport Ltd will notify the users of a breach via onsite notification within 7 business days
Should specific PII data be breached those users will be emailed directly with details within 7 days of discovery of the breach.
H Young Transport Ltd also agree to the Individual has the right to request all PII information help by us. You also have the right to have that data deleted except where we are legally obliged to keep it.
CAN SPAM Act / GDPR
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
H Young Transport Ltd collect your email address in order to:
- Send you business related information, respond to your enquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Share with related companies & sub-contractors carrying out work for you we have agreed on, on behalf of H Young Transport Ltd
- Pass onto an associated company or individual within our business referral network we have explicitly agreed that with yourself in
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, H Young Transport Ltd agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable
- Include the physical address of our business or site
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests efficiently &
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
H Young Transport Ltd will never pass on any information to a third party, unless require within the scope of the contract. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.